I’ve lived in Denver for over 30 years, and I love living here. Why? Because Denver offers so many things to so many people, like:
- Denver is the gateway to the Rocky Mountains, offering a plethora of outdoor activities right in your back yard. In addition, the city itself has over 20,000 acres of public parks and the suburbs offer even more.
- It’s so sunny here! Living in Colorado means experiencing over 300 days of total sunshine. And sure, the front range is surrounded by snowy peaks all winter but the snow in the city usually melts quickly when it falls.
- The Front Range is a dining and entertainment hot spot. In 2015, a Denver craft-cocktail bar was named the Best American Bar, and placed in the top 50 in the world. World class chefs have been shifting focus from NYC and LA to Denver in the recent years, and that’s not even discussing all of Colorado’s amazing food festivals. Theater? Music? We have it all here, from small community theaters and small musical venues to the big draws like the Ball Arena and Red Rocks Amphitheater.
- Denver receives high marks as a retirement spot and a great place for singles. In fact, we win those marks in the same years! The city itself has a high walkability score, public transportation is easy to use and accessible, and the crime rate is relatively low compared to other cities of a similar size.
- Professional sports: we have them all here! Denver is one of only 13 cities in the US that are represented by at least four professional sports teams (NFL, MLB, NBA, and NHL). The Broncos, The Avalanche, The Nuggets, and The Rockies are sure to keep all the sports fans busy all year.
Denver offers so much for so many interests, that I know you’re going to love living here.